Neuberger Berman is counting on a quant approach to smoothing out choppy stock returns to help win a share of China’s $11 trillion-plus in assets to be managed.
The handful of foreign funds now operating in China – of which Neuberger is one – are taking on thousands of local managers in an equity market where conventional strategies have experienced periods of heavy losses.
Neuberger, which set up in Shanghai in 2017, believes a quant strategy with dynamically rebalancing market beta can
- Libor leaders: how seven firms are tackling the transition
- Libor leaders: ABP crafts blueprint for corporate Libor switch
- Warrants issuers battle algo predators in Hong Kong
- Libor replacement: a modelling framework for in-arrears term rates
- Swaps data: a new era of competition in interest rate futures