As dealers increasingly look to cut broker fees by internalising trades, brokers are feeling the pinch. Add in low volatility and shrinking fees, and many brokers have been looking around for new opportunities for growth.
When the chance came for Gottex to snap up RP Martin’s Sweden-based government bond, inflation-linked bond and covered bond business, chief executive officer Spencer Nathan was keen to oblige.
The deal, shortly to be announced publicly, complements Gottex’s existing swaps
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?