Operational improvements to Bond Connect – the initiative allowing foreign investors to access mainland Chinese bond markets through Hong Kong – are likely to boost real-money flows into the world’s third-largest fixed-income market, according to industry participants.
One of the two designated domestic custodians for Bond Connect – the China Central Depository & Clearing Company (CCDC) – has yet to introduce a delivery versus payment (DVP) settlement system, but market participants say the
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing