Rating agencies are considering downgrading banks that clear bitcoin futures – and potentially even those just exposed to the contracts through their central counterparties – should volumes continue to increase on the new, volatile contracts.
Since the launch of bitcoin futures contracts in December, the cryptocurrency has seen a significant downturn. The price of bitcoin on the spot market dropped by 66% over a four-month period after the derivatives went live on CME Group and rival CBOE,
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?