Regulators are stepping up their focus on non-financial risks and banks should consider restructuring their risk management functions accordingly, operational risk managers said at the OpRisk conference earlier today (June 12).
Jason Forrester, head of enterprise and operational risk management at Credit Suisse, said non-financial risk – in its broadest conception, all risks not covered by a bank’s market and credit risk frameworks – came in for special attention at a Basel Committee on Banking
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?