The final version of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision’s operational risk capital rules is an improvement, but will still leave banks and regulators with multiple headaches as they go about implementing it, op risk experts say.
Speaking at OpRisk Europe on June 12, Ruben Cohen, an independent risk consultant and previously director in op risk analytics with Citi, told delegates: “Many people in this room – including me – don’t believe this is a valid model.”
Attempts to make the SMA
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?